Old December 25th 17, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default Relieving in flight

On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 9:22:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I don't remember who told me this story, or if it is even true (soaring pilots, don't you know), but be sure to retract the pee tube prior to landing. The tale I was told involved a tube so long that the main wheel ran over it on touchdown and gave the pilot an uncomfortable sensation as it forcibly removed the external catheter. And probably several years of life expectancy due to the surprise.

snip

It's true. It happened to a good friend of mine (now deceased, but not from this experience!) It was a 1-26 and the tube exited the cockpit right in front of the wheel.