Old April 9th 04, 05:00 PM
Jay Honeck

I always feel a bit empty by the time I get to the end of the AOPA mag but
don't know why. I seem to be the target market but the mag comes up

short.
I think the world of the organization though.

Funny, I think the world of the magazine, and think the organization comes
up short.

Private and P&P just don't have the writers.

Their mags are more hit and miss -- but Private Pilot "hits" often enough
for me to subscribe. P&P gets my dollar at the newsstand only when it
looks interesting.

IFR is great! I rip thru that. IFR Refresher is full of reruns so I
stopped.

I subscribed for a while when I was actively pursuing my IR. After deciding
to put that on hold, the magazine turned into a real snore...

Lane is OK and can get better.

I miss Bax but then who doesn't.

Lane runs dry once in a while, but she is still the best of the bunch.

There will never be another Bax.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA