Old September 2nd 03, 01:26 PM
Ripa

I have the Radeon 9500Pro/9700 and at one point was for giving up and
selling FS2004. At the "Choose an aircraft" stage it didnt even SHOW the
aircraft in the little box.

I saved as much as I could from my HD and did a complete format of C drive.I
then reloaded everything as carefully as I could. Something told me not to
load DirectX9b so I didnt.

I then loaded FS2002 and it was of course brilliant.
Then I loaded FS2004 and its own DirectX.

Then I used the troubleshooting thingy and it took me to the updated drivers
page for the Radeon family.

Frame rates varied between 20 and 38 so I locked them at 30.

It was a lot of work but it payed off for me.

Hope this helps. Ripa/Scotland

"Worrybird" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Is anyone successfully running FS2004 & a Radeon 9600 on Windows 98?

If you are, then I would know it can be done.

I have tried everything to stop it from freezing up about 30 seconds in to
the flight. At this point, unless I hear otherwise, I would warn everyone
that the ATI Radeon drivers won't run FS9 on Windows 98.

What is truly aggravating is how well it runs FS2002!