Old July 5th 03, 09:39 AM
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

On 04 Jul 2003 18:55:13 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

er, if you did, and you served in the RAF in
the 2nd Tactical Air Force at the time in question, please pass on the
information.

No. I served in the 344th Bomb Group, 494th Bomb Squadron of the 99th wing of
the 9th Air force,

So you didn't serve in 2nd TAF or experience operations on the 2nd
TAF area of operations? If not, why are you commenting on such
operations which you did not personally experience, given your own
views about such an approach, as posted to this group on numerous
occasions?

But you see the Luftwaffe was a very democraticc
organization

I was unaware that the Luftwaffe was a democratic organisation.

They didn't restrict their hits to the RAF 2nd Tactical Air
Force.

Again, who said they did?

If you want to criticise the points I'm making, it would help your
case if you could discern what they were in the first place instead of
making up all these straw men of your own and attributing them to me.

In the remote chance that you actually are interested in responding to
the points I have made, I again direct you to the comments and points
you have already refused to answer in the " #1 Piston Fighter was
British" thread.

They would hit anybody any time. , The Luftwaffe was an equal
opportunity hitter.

By all means post your experience of combat with Me 262's if you want,
but if you're doing so in a followup to my post, criticising the point
about the prevalence of contact with Me 262s for the Gloster Meteors
in 616 Squadron in 1945, please reference your direct personal
experience of precisely such operations. Otherwise you're laying
yourself open to accusations of hypocrisy, just as you are when
talking about teaching Chaucer when you never personally experienced
the events involved in The Canterbury Tales or even spoke Middle
English to a native Middle English speaker.

Gavin Bailey
--

"...this level of misinformation suggests some Americans may be
avoiding having an experience of cognitive dissonance."