Old March 30th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.models.scale,uk.rec.models.engineering
Fred the Red Shirt

Default DIY Two-Stroke Engine Construction Methods

On Mar 17, 2:32*am, Tim Wescott wrote:

With some pretty fancy metallurgy you can use an aluminum cylinder wall.
* It's how the Chevy Vega was done, and it worked great -- except when
it didn't.

Which I thought was all of the time. I never heard of a Vega engine
that
lasted past 50,000 miles, or Vega body that wasn't rust perforated
after it's
second winter in the rust belt.

Had it been built to last the Vega would have been a great little
car.

--

FF