Old June 10th 16, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Solo Rigger For Sale

I'm sure Fidel would autograph it if I asked him nicely and yes, I'll
throw in the towel.

On 6/9/2016 7:44 PM, Loye Hilton wrote:
At 00:03 10 June 2016, Dan Marotta wrote:
I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

It will work with any wing up to a Mosquito for thickness. The trailing
edge clamp was welded up for a Mosquito but, when I got my LAK-17a,
which has a much thinner wing, I simply padded the trailing edge clamp
with a folded towel. But it's a simple matter to re-weld the clamp to
the proper angle or to fabricate an adjustable clamp. Seriously, I was
too busy flying to be bothered with modifying it.

What glider are you thinking of using it on?

On 6/9/2016 2:29 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 9:10:57 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
This is made by a machinist and is a copy of those used in George
Applebay's shop, now Fidel's shop. No gas struts, no batteries, a

screw
jack for raising and lowering the wing, slides forward and aft by

hand.
Fiberglass wing cradle made by Fidel. Large tires for rough ground.
$500 plus shipping in the USA but I prefer it be picked up at

Moriarty.
--
Dan, 5J
Hey Dan, do you have some pictures and do you know what wings it

would
work with/designed for?

--
Dan, 5J
Dan, does the towel come with it or is that a extra charge? Could you get

Fidel to autograph and date it... All fun aside it is great and well worth
it.

--
Dan, 5J