Old November 22nd 05, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Last Plane Without a Computer

On 20-Nov-2005, "Charles Talleyrand" wrote:

I'm going to guess the last successful airliner without a computer was
the Boeing 737 original version. And the largest sucessful airliner
without a computer was the Boeing 747 original.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but the B-747 was certificated after
the B-737 so if neither had a computer then the 737 couldn't be last.

Also, are you considering only airplanes from the US? I suspect that some
Russian airliners and/or bombers from later dates didn't have computers.

--
-Elliott Drucker