Old November 15th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Aviation Insurance

On Nov 15, 5:14*pm, Mark wrote:

That's what I'm saying, is that in at least 3 states I remember
even if you pay cash for the plane, they will still saddle you
with that mandatory policy if your plane is based in their state.

Oh, alsothis...

The insurance company can say, "Well, your experience and
hours are going to make you too big a risk, so, we're not
insure you to fly retractable right now, or, we're not gonna
insure you to fly a Lancair, Glasair, etc., or...since you're
stepping up to a new plane, we're stepping up your premiums.

See what I mean? They can prevent you from flying or at
the least, extort the premium they want.

---
Mark