Old November 16th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Aviation Insurance

On Nov 16, 7:30*am, Mark wrote:
On Nov 16, 12:45*am, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

Sure can which is a very good reason to match your plane purchase and
your insurance carrier from the beginning.

Don't you read for comprehension? I've already said
I'm paying cash. Also, my point is to determine how
to avoid the insurance racket.

Your responses smack of imagination.

Plane insurance is still a fairly competitive field which means that
they keep each others rates inline *but* if they get a hardon for a
certain plane, type or certification, you can find yourself with a
gobful of insurance $$$ to expend.

Cite reference please.

---
Mark

The phrase JB typed -- "I rent. " says all you need to know about
his direct experience. There are the statutory reasons for buying
insurance, but also and importantly the real reason, namely to protect
your assets. I own my airplane, just as you intend to own yours. If
you're PIC and in some cases even if you're not, in the case of an
'adverse event' it's you who will be sued (and usually everyone else
connected, including, if he has deep pockets, the line boy who
directed you to visitor's parking). My suggestion is that you first
of all decide on the kinds of flying you're apt to do, then shop the
policy. A few hours work will uncover a reasonable deal.

I can't speak for most states, but many are alert for 'out of state'
registrations of cars, boats, and airplanes. Boats swinging around a
mooring are a lot less obvious than airplane owners who are renting
tie downs or hanger space.