Old November 16th 09, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Aviation Insurance

Darkwing wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
I remember a couple of years ago doing a
search of where mandatory Aviation Insurance
is required for small plane owners, and it
revealed that only 3 American states had
mandatory requirements. South Carolina was
one, and I don't remember what the other 2
states were.

Well, talking to a fellow at the airport the other
day, I was telling him that the insurance for
a new low wing plane was going to eat me
alive. He then told me to look into a Delaware
offshore LLC status to buy my plane through.
He said I could also circumvent paying taxes
too.

This Delaware LLC thing looks for real to me.

---
Mark

If you're an AOPA member call their legal services line, it's free to
members.

You will get advice, but the real legal services plans are extra. I
carried during the 12 years I owned an airplane for that "just in case".
I also carried insurance even though I owned it outright from the git go.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP