Old July 16th 04, 02:52 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:38:24 -0500, J Haggerty
wrote:

If they do this, then they need to put a comment on the DP file showing
how much of that 35' they used.
Although the crossing restriction used in building the procedure is
added to the FAA forms that support the procedure, they're not usually
published; but how to treat the restriction has been going back and
forth a few times, so it may have slipped through during a period of
time they were being published. On the other hand, it could be there
because the military asked for it to be there, since they don't
automatically apply a 35' DER restriction like civil pilots are supposed
to. In that case, they need to know that the crossing restriction is
there so they can limit their takeoff weight to meet the restriction.
It used to be scary watching the old "A" model C-135's taking off on a
refueling rendezvous, they used every bit of the runway to get airborne
sometimes.
Bridgeport, CT also has the DER restrictions published.

Thank you for that information. Verrry interesting.

I looked at BDR. That's where I learned instruments, back in the '70's.
If that DER was there then, it was not pointed out to me in my instrument
training.

I find it interesting that the published DER restriction is 35' for one of
the runways. That seems redundant since that's what we use, anyway.