Old September 17th 03, 08:13 PM
Everett M. Greene

(J. Hansen) writes:
Peter R. wrote
J. Hansen ) wrote:

I remember once seeing an approach in which the altitude for the FAF was
the same as the MDA (i.e., the plan view was flat, perhaps due to rising
terrain). Unfortunately I can not remember which approach this was. Does
anyone know which approach I am talking about. I am trying to find it again.
I think it was in MT or WY but I am not sure.

Awhile back I discovered this NDB/DME or GPS-A approach at Hailey/Friedman
Memorial (KSUN), UT.

Not sure if it the one to which you refer but it does have similar
features:

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/.../SUN_nd_gA.pdf

Thanks. I'm not sure if this is the same one I saw, but this one is
pretty good too.

I recall that the VOR approach to Jefferson County Airport in the
Denver area has minimums higher than VFR minimums. Probably has
something to do with the rocks to the west of the airport...