Old January 27th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
nrp

Default Selling Aircraft

BTDT. Been flying since 1963. Bought a solid '75 Hawk new, hangared
and flew it 1700 HRS TT & gave it up 2 years ago as at 70 & with a
SI, I was facing a regulatory superstorm. I had flown only ~6 hrs in
my last year, and was looking at medical, annual insp, transponder
biennial, and biennial flight check from a new-to-me flight instructor
(My favorite was being sent to Iraq) in the next couple of months.

It sold in 3 days. It was funny-strange watching someone else fly it
away - for the first time.

But - I still have a 1941 Piper J4A for rebuilding & sport pilot etc
that hasn't flown since 1975. I don't miss the Cessna or that type of
flying anymore & reading the incredible fol-de-rol (sp?) of aircraft
operation in the AOPA websites, I now realize that maybe I became
almost a slave to it.

There is life after airplanes.