Old July 16th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
T182T

Default FAA Medical Question

In article ,
says...

His advice (since a 1st class and a 3rd class were the same price !!)
was to go for the first class on the off chance that some yoyo will
involve you in an accident and you will be able to prove that you were
in 1st class shape not too many months ago.

Just for my 8% of two bits.

Jim

I agree with this. As pilots, we are goal and performance oriented, and we
go for what we can get!
A First-Class medical is a goal all of us can establish early, but none can
maintain indefinitely, so why not keep it as long as we can? It is cheap,
compared with other certificates we hold.
For me personally, I prefer the obligatory ECG. Just as I enjoy and pursue
advanced ratings and qualifications. Keep the learning curve high and avoid
getting behind in your game. In medical terms, go for First Class until you
no longer qualify for it. For me, despite this little snafu, I’m looking at
another couple of decades!