Old July 18th 10, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default FAA Medical Question

On Jul 18, 8:31*am, a wrote:

This 'unintended experiment' more or less led me to
conclude most of us with class 2 or 3 physicals may only see an MD for
a regular check up as part of of flight physical, and that is probably
the first time many of us learn of an underlying problem.

Yep, describes me to the tee. 2 very serious conditions for me was
discovered during my medical. One as described in my prior post
extreme hypertension and another was pre-melanoma freckle on my back
that look like a freckle to me. Both considered silent killers since
I had no "symptoms" to complain about.

So, this pilot doesn't complain about the nuances of the medical
process.

Of course I now see a doctor once a year for my BP medication renewal
but even then it's less then an FAA medical review.