Old March 7th 20, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default #711 reporting.............award by FAI WGC for USA!

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 10:07:55 AM UTC-7, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
The 2023 World Gliding Championships in the Open, 18m, and 20m Multiseat Classes is awarded to USA.
@SoaringSociety
#igcplenary
1:28 AM · Mar 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Believe the site is Uvalde!

Best. #711.

Some other highlights from the IGC meeting.

One note is our IGC rep pays all his own expenses including travel....he's been doing this for years now. Thanks, Rick!

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
·
3h
We have voted to increase the weight of SGP results in the Ranking List calculations. #igcplenary

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
A Year 1 proposal to mandate limits of start altitude and groundspeed is approved. #igcplenary

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
·
6h
In a Year 1 vote, we have begun the process of deleting the Designated Start rule. #igcplenary

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
In a Year 1 vote, we have begun the process of deleting the Designated Start rule. #igcplenary

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
·
7h
No change to turnpoint geometry. #igcplenary

FAI Gliding
@FAI_IGC
·
7h
Proposed wording: "Data communication between competitors, or between them and the ground, is prohibited except as required for safety purposes, for anti-collision warning, or as specifically allowed by the Organisers." #igcplenary

Best. #711.