Old December 2nd 04, 06:12 PM
Arthur

I have the Logitech Wingman with force feedback. The force feedback doesn't
work all that well with FS2004 in my opinion, although I do use it. I have
found that the stick develops a bit of play and no way to tighten it up
again so it does wiggle around unfortunately. This may be caused by the
force feedback, and I consider it annoying.
On the plus side, the joystick is an excellent controller with a plentitude
of buttons located in convenient places and a great twist-handle rudder
control. It came with its own software, but XP Home installed the stick
without the software provided. I keep the disc around anyway. I'm a
software disc junkie I guess. Good luck.
Arthur

"Leonard M. Wapner" wrote in message
I'm getting back to flt sim after a few years and I'm looking for a basic
joystick, something similar to the old MS Sidewinder. I do not want force
feedback.

1) I assume the above mentioned Logitech is a reasonable choice. Right?

2) I'm running XP Home. Is there software to install with this joystick
or does it already exist in XP Home (Game Controllers) or FS2004?

Thanks -