Old July 5th 13, 11:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default DeLorme InReach Satellite Tracker FOR SALE

On Friday, July 5, 2013 3:33:12 AM UTC+2, Sean F (F2) wrote:
I am paying $35 a month for enough data to cover all my flying. If I flew more it might be $45 a month.

Every time I fly I have 10-20 people who watch the flight in real time. Probably not true of all the spots in the World! Reason: paint drying is far more fun...

Then obviously, Sean, for you the InReach is the perfect choice, you wouldn't want to leave all your groupies hanging, would you?

Me, I'm perfectly happy with Spot.

You get what you pay for.

My point was that both systems are useful - but either should be considered as an essential piece of XC kit.

Cheers,

Kirk
66