Old December 19th 03, 11:55 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Wright1902Glider
says...

Chuck,

The company that you keep continues to amaze me. Thanks for the info. I think
I'll forward the photo of my bamboo wonder-ship just for the fun of it.

Constantly in awe,
Harry Frey

PS: Did you make it to KH this week?

I met Rog at the First Tactile Hang Glider meet in KH back in 1972 .I had only
read of him in NASA articles when I was working for NASA. I first met a lot of
guys who were the who's who of hang gliding that week. Rog was playing with a
rogallo shaped parachute one day and I ended up being one of the guys on a
tether rope while he tried to soar on the slope. Now we have workable para
sails.Rog was and still is a great guy and took great delight one night in
telling a group of hang glider pilots at a bar that he was half Polish. This was
after they had been beating me up with Polish jokes. After he said that ,which
is true by the way, nary a Polack joke heard the rest of the week :-) A fact
which I threw in their faces from time to time .Something like "if it weren't
for a Polack you'd be walking not flying" LOL!!! For years I would get a letter
or 2 a year from Rog to get translated for him .It was a priviledge and honor to
do so.

John harris started a small hang glider shop when the currant Mall area was a
strip of sand with his little shop on it. Then every year when I came back it
got bigger and bigger. I have some photos of myself John and a couple of friends
that were taken at a W Virginia Hang Glider contest back in I think 73 or
74.Between John and his friend and me and my friend we won all the awards for
flying that week end.:-)I saw John at SnF a couple years ago ,he had a booth
across from mine .So we spent time talking about the olde days :-)

I wish I could have but I 'm just too busy to have been able to have taken the
time off. My brother lives in Norfolk and I could have stayed there .He retired
from the USAF and works at Langly in the wind tunnel,something I did for a year
and a half at Lewis in Cleveland.

Merry Christmas

Chuck