Old February 7th 14, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Arouet

Default Stop Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operations Within The National Airspace System

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 07:15:56 -0800, Larry Dighera wrote:

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/101/2732-full.html?ET=avweb:e2732:218609a:&st=email#221369A
Minnesota brewery's airborne solution to the preventable yet apparently
prevalent problem of running out of beer while ice fishing has been shot
down by the FAA. Lakemaid Brewery's clever use of a six-rotor drone to
whisk the frosty brews to their icebound customers runs afoul of the
agency's current ban on the commercial use of unmanned aircraft.

Unless you are the CIA running drugs.

ahem
--
William "Bear" Bottoms on Mena, AR

"Our notoriety came from two things. Our smuggling operation was
probably the most sophisticated technically speaking of the time
Had it not been for Ollie North, arrests would have been made
then. We actually brought in about 25 loads of 300 kilos each.
7,500 kilos total approximately."

The title "most notorious drug smuggler" would more likely fit.
William "Bear" Bottoms Interview, 1997