Old December 17th 03, 05:12 AM
Dallas

Dashi is giving you a poke in the ribs, but he brings up a good point about
flying:

In flight, you don't care where you are - you care where you are in relation
to something else - airways, airports, alternate airports, airspace...
That's why aviation GPS navigational systems concern themselves with your
position as it relates to your surroundings.

Dallas

"Dashi" wrote in message
Why do you want to know?

Dashi

"LMHAMRIC" wrote in message
I'm a novice running FS2004 and trying to learn GPS. One thing that

puzzles me
is that I don't see the data of the actual location of the plane on the

GPS
display (or anywhere else). Shouldn't it display latitude and longitude

of
the
plane's current position somewhere? In other words, where the heck am I

in
absolute terms, not in terms relative to some airport? Would appreciate
clarification.