Old February 13th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default HID Landing Light

On Feb 12, 7:09 pm, "Kyle Boatright" wrote:
Other than the absence of a suitable mount (easily fixed), does anyone see
any problem with this light as a landing light?

http://www.trailtech.net/4211-SX-150.html

I'm considering upgrading from a 50W Halogen lamp, and understand that I
should get ~2x the lumens from a 30W HID. This light has a 12 degree beam
angle and the housing is 2 3/4" in diameter. Their floodlight (in the same
housing) has a 36 degree beam angle.

Thoughts?

KB

I didn't see any specs for the motor cycle light you are looking at...
I do know that the one these guys sell puts out way more light than a
standard landing light and has longer life.

http://www.knots2u.com/HID%20Light.htm

The motorcylce HID you are looking at should have longer life than a
Halogen as well, I just didn't see anything about how much light it
generated...

Dean