Old February 13th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk

Default HID Landing Light

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..
Other than the absence of a suitable mount (easily fixed), does anyone see
any problem with this light as a landing light?

http://www.trailtech.net/4211-SX-150.html

I'm considering upgrading from a 50W Halogen lamp, and understand that I
should get ~2x the lumens from a 30W HID. This light has a 12 degree beam
angle and the housing is 2 3/4" in diameter. Their floodlight (in the
same housing) has a 36 degree beam angle.

Thoughts?

KB

We're installing a Hella DE-Xenon lamp. The link below shows a double set,
but you can get single lamps as well:
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...o_de_xenon.jsp

It's really tiny, puts out an enormous amount of light and stays relatively
cool.

Rob