Old October 3rd 03, 08:26 PM
Russell Duffy

Default TIG welding video?

Greetings,

I've got a nice TIG machine, and everything I need to start using it. I've
been through the Miller CD of TIG basics, so I'm fairly familiar with the
process, and all the variables. What I really need now is a video, that
shows someone actually welding various bits of aluminum, and 4130. I've
played with both of these, and can manage to stick scrap pieces together,
but I really need to be able to see someone do it with the proper technique.
Can anyone recommend a TIG welding video, that shows someone actually
welding aluminum and 4130?

FWIW, I signed up for the Sportair workshop for Nov, but just found out that
it's full, and I'm not willing to wait until the next one in Feb. I'm
trying to avoid going the local school route, because I just don't care to
learn any more about the history of welding, and I don't want to spend a
bunch of time leaning about all the other methods.

Thanks for any suggestions that you can offer.

Cheers,
Rusty
13brv3c at bellsouth dot net