Old July 2nd 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Rhodes

Default Newsgroup troubles all over, FYI...

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 01:14:45 -0600, walking wrote:

In an off-topic note at the bottom of the post, if you are an
audiophile, (and many are); concerning the Zobel circuit, if you
haven't heard of that. Thieves stole it from us.

The resistor value
should be 8 ohms for 8 ohm speakers, 4 for 4 ohm.

In my haste I forgot to mention they should be high-power resistors,
10 watt. 5 watts might probably work fine, though high is best. Those
are not uncommon (Radio Shack) nor expensive. 4 ohm resistors can be
constructed by connecting two 8 ohms (more common) in parallel.

Capacitor ratings are in volts. At least a 50 volt rating is
preferred, and that is typical for bi-polar caps. To get 30 uf
capacitance you can connect 3 10-uf capacitors in parallel. Connecting
resistors in parallel increases conductance, therefore reduces
resistance. That's logical. But connecting capacitors in parallel
increases capacitance.
--
Michael