Old June 14th 04, 02:05 PM
AL Mills

Just go to www.x-plane.com and download the latest version (7.41). It is
a full version, however, you can only fly in San Bernardino and after 6
minutes your stick won't work anymore.

This will definitely help you to find out if you like it :-)

Well, under the above limitations, I didn't like
it at all. I never could get it working under
Linux, what with all the extra crap you have to
have installed in the right (undocumented)
folders, and while it worked in XP, I never got
used enough to the keyboard commands before the
6 minute limit was up.

What I gained from the experience is this; FS
2004 is plenty good enough for me. I wish it
would run under Linux but what the heck. If
X-plane gave me 15 minutes and the option to fly
somewhere more familiar, I might have a better
experience. I just don't want to get in the
habit of throwing good money after bad.

Just an opinion, mind you.

AL