Old February 7th 06, 11:21 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Consistent CAP over a fleet from a land base

Well, the topic is, somebody has to judge the concept I mentioned and
they all repeat the old topic.

If I mention, fit the aircraft to the mission, the poster forgot the
topic of fleet coverage as opposed to figther domination one to one.

Absolute superior performance is not capable of long duration flight.
That is almost a law of physics.

So fitting the aircraft to the long duration makes an inferior figther
of longer duration.

And that is it. If the figther is to expensive to loft up there then
there is no defense present.

And the cost of defense rules. SO make the low cost defense possible
and do not use inadequate high cost offensive aircraft.

A fighter coverage hole because of cost is either allowed or not.
Somebody decides. ANd people are assigned a dollar value in managment.