Old August 15th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Missing flight plans

"Michelle Settle" wrote in message

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"The Visitor" wrote in message

"Peter R." wrote in message Just to clarify, in
your opinion, not filing a VFR flight plan is
"unprofessional?"

Michelle wrote:
"Yes", I think so...amongst other behavioral patterns.

Me too. But I wouldn't have been gutsy enough to say so.It's usually one
area person slacks of in after he has started to slack of on other
areas, but can justify it somehow. The pilot often thinks a spouse or
other person will know exactly what to do if they are overdue. And
somehow magically know when they are overdue.

And do you have some data to back this up?

Aside from he's using the same misbegotten context you are (i.e., the
professional approach versus the amateur).

Small wonder lower level GA flying is so much more dangerous that other
forms of transport.

You and The Visitor are the ones making the claim. There is plenty of data
out there if you think you can prove that VFR flight plans in any way keep
planes from crashing let's here it.