Old October 1st 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ebby

Default Flyboys Movie: the aircraft

Being the smart moviegoers we are I think we anticipate CGI and try to pick
it out. Someday it will be seemless. On a related point (techie) I
recently heard about a new female robot that speaks four languages.

"Dave" wrote in message

"Ebby" wrote in message
That CGI was excellent on your posted link. The paint jobs looked a
little too pristine though. The motion was great when the twin landed on
one wheel and then made a couple rudder corrections on the landing
rollout. Very well done. I know the old rotary engines had enourmous
torque issues yet it looked to me, in Flyboys, they had performance
characteristics outside the real envelope. IOW too agile.

There's no question they had a few "Top Gun" moments. The climbs were a
little out of whack also. showing the pilots grimacing as they hauled back
on the stick and climbed up to meet the foe. If you look at the real climb
to height of WW1 fighters, it isn't spectacular. Didn't hurt much for me,
it wasn't billed as a documentary.