Old February 24th 04, 05:11 AM
Larry Johnson

Marc Ramsey wrote in message om...
Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
My local FBO says that $1/mile is a good figure to use when estimating
the cost of getting a glider from point A to our gliderport in California.

Does that seem about right?

Seems a bit high to me, but then again, I was cheap enough to drive from
the Bay Area to Colorado to pick up my first glider, to Utah for the
second, and to the port in So Cal for the third...

Marc

I drove to Montana to pick up my Russia. Cost including gas/food/hotel
was 1/2 of what it was going to cost for delivery to Reno. Go to see
the country and remember why it's called "Big Sky". Dollar/mile was
what it was me . I had the time to do it, Memorial Day Weekend-
Thursday nite leave work, back by Saturday night.Cost $600-memories,
priceless