Old June 20th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default PHIL BOYER: 40% OF AOPA MEMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASING THEIR FLYING DUE TO FUEL PRICES

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:26:49 -0500, "Viperdoc"
wrote in
:

"However,
I wouldn't expect someone with limited vision and the cognitive
capacity of a Neanderthal to grasp the concept of credibility. :-)"

Larry, I thought you said you never resorted to personal attacks, or is it
just due to the fact that he disagrees with your limited and narrow point of
view?

Well, I must admit that I'm flattered to have the attention of a full
USAF Colonel taking time out of his personal European holiday to
comment on my contribution to this newsgroup. However, with all due
respect, I doubt that I'd use an absolute word like 'never' in that
context. Perhaps you can provide the Message-ID number of my article
in which you believe you read that.

Further, with all due respect, his questioning of my competence to
create original prose was not due to any disagreement; my followup
Bill Maher quote actually bolstered his unsupported assertion, so we
agree that China's demand for petroleum will continue to increase over
time.

I'm curious as to why you characterize my view as "limited and
narrow." Are you able to quote my specific language that leads you to
that opinion?

And what is your view on the subject of US dependence on foreign oil,
Wall Street's speculative run up in fuel prices, and the future of our
nation if it continues its nearly exclusive reliance on petroleum for
our energy needs? Do you have an opinion on this issue? Or do you
prefer to sit back, and play Let's You And Him Fight?*

Here's a thought for the military to reduce their dependence on
petroleum:
http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/produc...ents/index.htm

I'll bet you're clever enough to have figured out how to get your
tanks filled on the base, so you are unaffected by the rapid increase
in fuel prices. But we are soon going to be impacted by the increased
cost of getting goods to market, and the price inflation it will
cause. Unless we turn away from petroleum for our energy needs, the
threat will only grow.

* http://www.ericberne.com/games/games...play_LYAHF.htm