Old April 10th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Silver Duration

On Apr 10, 12:16 pm, "Mike Schumann" mike-nos...@traditions-
nospam.com wrote:
We missed a good day yesterday at Stanton. Unfortunately, the Stanton
towplane wasn't ready yet, and I was told that the MSC tow plane was having
its prop balanced. I was very bummed, as I was ready to go!

Mike Schumann

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi Tony,

Congratulations!!! Well done.

I haven't been soaring in MN yet this season.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
roups.com...
You all will be pleased to know that I got silver duration today. The
old Cherokee II and I were launched just after noon and landed around
suppertime. Lift was strong in central Iowa today. 3-500 fpm was the
norm. My best climb came at about 4:50 PM with a 600 fpm climb up to
8700 MSL, about 7700 AGL. Best altitude ive ever made, and after a
low save at 1200 AGL, my personal record for altitude gain. I never
did make cloud base. They were up there a ways. Looks like as long
as enough of you decide against flying the Region 7 Sports class, Ill
be off the waiting list and ready to fly!

that is a bummer Mike. I was luckily able to get a towpilot down
here. Thats often tough to do on a Monday.