Old August 20th 04, 10:20 PM
Peter MacPherson

The landing fees at BED are not just at night anymore. They charge
landing fees all the time now. The FBO's will also charge you a
pretty good fee for tie down. Also, since this airport is part of
Massport, you will need a prop lock(or such) or you will have to
"rent" one. Also, gas is over $4/gallon. I would avoid BED as a
transient, there are cheaper places to go.

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
I've been told Hanscom (KBED) is one of the best GA fields for visiting
Boston. Be aware of really high landing fees (fines) for 2300-0700
operations.

"PaulH" wrote in message
om...
What's the preferred area GA airport for Boston? I need to spend some
time downtown but also want to visit Cape Cod.