Old November 10th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Chicken Strip Death Valley

Thank you for your detailed PIREP.

On 9 Nov 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "gt" wrote in
. com:

This is the place they caught Charles Manson hiding out, the little freak.

I hiked from Ballerat to near Shoshone in '72, and recall Goller Wash
as Manson's hide out:

http://www.aboundinglove.org/interview.php
12. Charles, were you also at the Barker Ranch in Goller Wash on
the outskirts of Death Valley to live among the animals with
Manson?

A: Several times I was at Barker Ranch. We went there after the
murders looking for the Bottomless Pit mentioned in the Revelation
9 of the Bible. I left Manson there in a depressed state, and
returned to Texas after not finding the pit, knowing I had made a
tremendous mistake in judgment, to say the list. You mentioned
animals: There were rattle snakes and other vermins, but we were
the ones acting like animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson#Capture
[edit] Capture
Barker Ranch, in California's Mojave Desert, is known as the last
hideout of Manson and "the Family" after the gruesome Los Angeles
murder spree. The local county sheriff's department and National Park
Service officers had arrested Manson and his group in 1969 on
suspicion of trespassing and vandalism. At the time of the Manson
arrests, the officers were unaware of other criminal actions by those
they had in custody. They wanted to apprehend and prosecute the
persons responsible for vandalizing road repair equipment in Death
Valley National Park farther north, not knowing that they had Manson
and his followers. Manson was ultimately discovered hiding beneath a
sink in the Barker Ranch bathroom.

http://www.charliemanson.com/places/barker_ranch.htm
http://charliemanson.master.com/texi...Search%3A&s=SS