Old October 24th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best Glide computer and why

I actually use an LX7007 as my primary nav/computer/vario/logger. I
like it very much. Having the 302/IPAQ combination as a backup allows
me to always have a moving map display visible.

I also have a toggle switch on my panel that lets me change the IPAQ's
connection between the LX7007 and the 302. This allows me to fly with
the 302 driving the IPAQ, and download the LX's flight log to the IPAQ
after the flight, which is much faster (19200 bps vs 4800 on the 302).

~ted/2NO