Old May 12th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default More stories of long FSS hold times and another issue

The last 5 times I've called for a brief, the queue has been at least 10-15
minutes long and I had the privilege of speaking to someone 1/4 way across
the continent.

The current situation is pitiful. I can't figure out how they screwed it up
this badly. I mean, it isn't that hard to write a simulation model to tell
you how many briefers you need to have on staff to have a queue of "x"
minutes 90% of the time.

My guess is that some beancounter at Lockmart wanted to be a hero and cut
back the number of briefers to below the figure the engineers deemed
necessary.

KB

"Peter R." wrote in message
This past week I spoke with a CFII out of Michigan who lamented that his
and
his students hold times awaiting a live FSS briefer had significantly
increased to between 30 minutes to one hour. Coincidentally both AOPA and
Avweb had articles this week discussing the frustration of long hold times
many are experiencing.

--
Peter