Old December 31st 03, 06:59 AM
pacplyer

Thanks Selway,

It only took a week for someone to spot my great writing ;-) , but now
that you've let the cat out of the bag, we must both pay the price of
being real pilots... we must face the wrath of the RAH and the RAP
private-pilot peanut galleries! :-#

Actually, there is just no higher form of flattery around here... than
being flamed by these fearless Lyco and Continental minute men
(they're fearless for a whole minute after leaving the ground!)
Flames are their way of saying: "You cocky *******, I would kill to
get a shot over the pole! But alas, I'll be stuck here in this
cornfield forever." (Even I had that fear for the first few years.
Then that fear was replaced with the fear of never seeing my family
again; i.e., living my whole life out in dingy hotels) :-(

Just try to explain to these "weekend weenies" as BWB calls them, that
commercial flying, a lot of the time, blocks-out no matter what the
true weather or maintenance concerns are... And they'll probably whip
out their regs and stammer "but..but..but...it says..here...oh, you
beastly daredevil men you!"

So, it is believable to read about an occasional tight fuel situation;
after all, if it's commercial aviation (esp. int'l) over that many
years, stuff happens. As long as you don't f$#k up, the rest of the
world just assumes that flying is by-the-book-safe (just as there are
never any deviations from homebuilding plans among EAA members. Ask
Dan Rather.) ;-) OTOH, running on the ragged edge all the time is
hard to believe. No commercial pilot that I know refers to
frequently flying "out of the envelope" or "places that books are
written about" or "seeing how far I can go." This sounds more like
fraudulent test pilot speak. But never-the-less, I enjoyed reading
your zooming post. :-)

There are only two things bugging me right now. One, I smell a setup.
Usually, no one around here agrees with anything I say this fast.
Two, there's just no way now the "dysfunctional duo" (Captain Ripcord
and Robin the Rican) are going to hire me as a roving reporter (darn,
all my talent gone to waste!) That's not possible now that Barnyard
Bob has just announced that we are on par with these Aviation Lizards,
er … I mean Aviation Legends (where did that come from?) Gee, thanks
Bob… for once I'm actually speechless.

For more unbelievable tales from around the world, stay tuned to this
EAA caped-crusader station. :^D LOL!

pacplyer

(good ruse by the way!)