Old February 17th 04, 02:03 PM
Jay Honeck

This leaves 0.8 to 1.2 hours of actual flying time which is quite enough
for
a beginner.

Amen. I remember a couple of early lessons that went longer than an hour in
the air, and I was exhausted by the end. In that hour we had probably done
8 or 9 touch and goes, and my little pea brain had absorbed as much as it
could. Cutting it off at .7 hours would have made more sense, but what did
I know?

Mary had the same experience with her instructor. She knew to expect it
(from my experience, I suppose), however, and told her instructor that it
was time to land.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA