Old June 4th 04, 07:00 AM
D.W. Taylor

Lubricity is higher, much easier on the injection pump
and other bits. WARNING! it will clean ALL the crud out
of our fuel system. And deposit it in your filter.

Most folks IU've met in person using bio-d have stalled out due
to plugged fuel filters within a week of converting, that being said
these were all old vehicles with 200K miles and more on them
running dino deisel first...

I fully expect used vegi oil to be 30 bucks a barrel by fall.....

Supply and demand don-cha know..

A couple fuel companies in my area actually sell the stuff ready to use.

Itss about 35 cents higher than regular deisel...

Dave

NOte: I am not qualified to have any opinions.....
so this is only as good as my memory...

Del Rawlins wrote:

In B2431 wrote:

Think vegetable oil, soy, french fry oil etc. Filter it to get the
junk out. Add lye....

Apparently you get more MPG for biodiesel then petrodiesel, cleaner
burning too. The recipies and cheerleaders are available on the WWW.

How does biodiesel do as far as lubricity for the fuel system components
compared to petrodiesel?

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/