Old September 5th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default A Simple Auto Engine Conversion

On Sep 5, 4:49*am, Barnyard BOb wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:18:08 -0400, "Morgans"

wrote:

"Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote

If after a few years I still couldn't break it, then maybe in an airplane.
Ground testing is the expensive part. *2000 hours at 10GPH = 20,000
gallons at $4 each = $80,000. *Nobody said it was cheap.

While I agree with the need to thouroughly test a unit, I do question the
need to do 2,000 hours, unless you are going for certification. *Running it,
tearing it down occasionally and carefully inspecting (including
magnafluxing) will give you all the information you need for deciding
whether it is going to go the distance, IMHO.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Morgans.
You never fail to amaze! *;-)

You know so much....

* * * - NOT -

- Barnyard BOb -

The more people I meet,
the more I like my dog
and George Carlin humor.

May he now rest in peace.

This is the Rec. Aviation. HOMEBUILT group. Feel free to wander over
to the Rec. Aviation. CERTIFIED group to voice your concerns. You
really need to be addressing the correct group to get any respect..

Tailwinds.

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com