Old November 21st 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default The "darker side" of flying (Night Landings) with ATC COMS -Video

wrote:

I tried playing around mounting the camera on top of the visor of my
ball cap. It actually works fine, but if you move your head a lot, it
will be very, very distracting. I was surprised how much I moved my
head whether it be scanning for traffic, reading the approach plate
and such, so I decided on just leaving the camera on top of the
glareshield with a portfolio binder propping the camera so it doesn't
shift.

Sounds like you have a good setup for the various angles with your
camera. Be interested on seeing your outcome!

Today, I found an $8 Targus "table top" tripod. It's got a screw in
between the three legs. I removed the screw, ditched the legs, and used
the screw to mount the tilt / swivel assembly to a plastic woodworking
spring clamp. I also put some rubber weatherstripping on the jaws to
improve grip and protect the surface.

The tilt / swivel is actually pretty nice for $8! It's machined
aluminum, and locks quite securely. I've seen the tripod in K-Mart and
Radio Shack.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_020W814377110001P?vName=Computers%20 &%20Electronics&cName=Cameras&Camcorders&sName=Acc essories&psid=FROOGLE&sid=KDx20070926x00003a

Preliminary tests in my Toyota Tacoma look promising! I'll try it in
the plane Sunday, with the digital voice recorder I found today @ Staples.