Old February 1st 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Bose vs. Lightspeed

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:11:34 -0600, Barnyard BOb wrote:

Being a penny pincher, my solution many years ago was to invest
in 9 volt Ratshack Nickel-Metal Hydride RECHARGEABLES.
Although hardly cheap, I've not had to buy more batteries
in close to a decade.They paid for themselves in a month.
Perhaps you are doing likewise.

I tried, but it wouldn't power up the headset. The voltage when fully-charged
is a bit low, but when you consider an alkaline will power the headset until it
gets so low it'll hardly tickle the tongue, I don't know what's happening. It
might be that the impedance of the rechargeable is different than an alkaline
and the circuitry is thrown off by it.

I just buy a big pack of 9V batteries from Costco. Lasts me a couple of years.
Tuck a spare into the flying jacket pocket.

Ron Wanttaja