Old September 26th 17, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default Oudie Supplemental Power Pack

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 1:37:40 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Think I'm gonna buy me one of THESE.Â*
When it doesn't deliver the promised 300 amp hours (300000 mAh),
I'll sue WalMart and then buy me a new ASH-31 mi.

On 9/26/2017 9:57 AM,
wrote:

If it is not a constant load then some of the "external power packs" may shut themselves off when they see no load. I don't know about the Oudie, but I've had such problems with other devices. Those battery packs that you have to start with a button push (the vast majority) are the ones to avoid. There are a few models that either have an on/off slide switch, or sense the load and automatically turn themselves on.

--

Dan, 5J

Go see your attorney now!

Solar Doesn't Work
9/15/2017
I bought this "cheap" solar USB charger because I wanted a way to charge my iPhone or camera batteries when camping or hiking. It is only a battery USB charger as the solar doesn't work. I've had the USB charger in direct sunlight all day and the battery is still without charge. Garbage and a waste of $.