Old November 23rd 04, 05:34 PM
Michael

Andrew Gideon wrote
Why would the agent - which doesn't issue the actual insurance, as I
understand that business - ever turn away business if someone to write the
policy can be found? Something sounds off, here, as if we (outside the
insurance business {8^) are missing a part of the puzzle.

I know we are missing a part of the puzzle. I don't know what it is.

But I most certainly do know that brokers sometimes make their own
decisions about what's right. I know that when Tina bought her
Starduster, she had a very difficult time getting the insurance
company to approve an instructor - or so she thought. In reality, the
broker never even submitted those names to the insurance company. I
only found that out after that particular broker died.

In this case, the first broker wasn't turning away business. He
convinced the owner to have the airplane insured with him, with me as
the named pilot, and keep flying rentals until he could be named. He
was not terribly happy when I found another solution and he lost the
business.

Michael