Old May 6th 20, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Purchase of glider from Canada

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 11:33:11 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 7:43:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 9:58:48 PM UTC-7, Mike Reid wrote:
I guess it's because I had the proper paperwork with me, but when I towed a glider from the lower 48 to Alaska in May, neither Canadian nor US customs asked for any paperwork for the glider or trailer. YMMV

Mike

Mike, what paperwork was needed to move a US SH glider and Cobra trailer from the US to a new owner in Canada?

Here is what Transport Canada requires:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/avi...-aircraft.html

I believe there may a problem importing an aircraft to Canada registered experimental in the US. Best to review this carefully before proceeding:

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviati...-menu-2753.htm

Tom

For the trailer, here's the website with all the info. https://www.riv.ca/ImporterChecklist.aspx ; also check the "before you import" list on the left side.