Old August 6th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle[_1_]

Default Cross Country again!

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:20:05 GMT, Michelle
wrote in
. net:

I am now working in Boise for the rest of Fire season as a Air
Attack/Recon pilot. We get to fly over beautiful country and I get paid!.

How's the terrain in terms of survivability if you're forced to land
off airport?

Not great. That is one of the reasons we fly a Turbo charged 337. Their
Single engine service ceiling is 15,000 feet. Higher than any of the
terrain in our patrol area. The only reason we could have a double
engine failure is fuel exhaustion. This is the most preventable cause
for an accident. We keep a very close watch on fuel consumption.

Michelle