Old October 24th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Landing KJAN with ATC Communications - Video

On Oct 23, 10:37*pm, John Smith wrote:

That's what I was looking for. What are you using for an audio recorder?
What is the recording media?

Sony model (not home with the exact model) that costed $50. I guess
the unit has a flash drive method of storage as I don't insert a tape
or anything.

Are you capturing the engine audio separate from the COMM input?

Yes, through the camera external microphone. Camera still sits on
glareshield propped by a notebook binder with my charts and has no
wires attached to it.

I will have to give Wavepad a try on my Windows machine. I have Audacity
on my Mac.

I have not really messed with any other programs other then Wavepad
since it's worked for me from get go.

I have a Canon XH-A1 and will be getting a refurbished
Canon HV-20 as a second camera/rewinder/playback machine next week. The
HV-20 will be much more useful for inflight recording.

I am keeping "setup time" to a minimum. I want to go fly, and while
keeping a video journal of my adventures, I don't want that setup time
to be of significant time. This is the main reason I have not looked
into a "real video recorder".

The way I have it now, no extra time is invested.