Old March 7th 04, 06:36 PM
gary pearson

The loudest APU I have ever heard, to the point it is very very painful.
Very little sound proofing, multiple oil leaks, a collapsed undercarraige
and 12 hours sitting in a seat that had a sharp metal edge at a height that
was just in the middle of my back. Trust me a C130 has nothing on this and
thats without talking about the toilet. The crew welded the collapsed leg in
the down position and flew it from Sudan to Kiev like that. I on the other
hand flew KLM back to Europe.

The only cool thing about this aircraft is the bubble window on to of the
fuselage. You can stick your head in the bubble and get a great view.

"Myedniy Vsadnik" wrote in message
om...
Ron wrote in message

Other than open cockpit oil blowers *IS* anything worse than a C-130?

An-12 sets the discomfort standard in my experience.

It's the only aircraft I've ever seen with bilge in the bottom like a

ship.

--
Vsadnik