Old September 2nd 04, 11:26 PM
C Kingsbury

Kyler Laird wrote in message ...

What's wrong with scrolling? Do you really need to see the entire plate
when you're on the approach?

I find myself checking and double-checking things on different parts
of the plate throughout the approach. I hate scrolling to see the full
page of a website I'm looking at sitting on my ass in front of the
computer, let alone while I'm bouncing through the clouds.

I'm using a pen computer with a nice big screen for my experiments these
days. I'm much more comfortable with that size.

I find the paper plates to be absolutely perfect in terms of size in
particular and human factors in general. Plus no batteries, NMEA,
anything to worry about.

OK, having a little plane tracking my position around them would be
nice, but I'll survive until I can afford an MFD for that. Any kind of
moving map can provide most of that, and I just can't imagine flying
without paper plates (cups optional).

-cwk.