Old March 8th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

mariposas rand mair fheal wrote in
:

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

But let me ask you something: Are you 100% sure your house is
going to burn down this year? If not, why are you wasting your
money on insurance? Why don't you just wait until you see flames,
then buy a policy?

Not a good analogy, since we can obviously affect what happens to
our own homes. There is quite literally nothing that can be done
by the average person to influence the world's climate --

Dummer 'n dirt.

what he says is true
but he uses it to imply a fallacy

an -individual- has very little power over the climate
even a rich individual

however that does not imply that collectively people are powerless

individually you cannot build a pyramid
but get together maybe 50 000 working together during fallow with
copper tools and you can move mountains

Oh, I agree completely. Jay's still dummer'n dirt, though.

Bertie